The following children’s files were released to BAAS individual list.
1. Harry is a lovely six year old boy whose special need is delayed intellectual development. The CT test result was normal but the IQ test result was < 45. Harry is a resilient child who adjusted to the changes in his environment well. He is in kindergarten, receiving special education. He is very attentive in classes and gets along well with other children. He likes to play games with other children, and is well loved by his teachers. He can take care of his basic needs. He is a polite and lovely child.
2. Kathy ~ has found her family! is a beautiful five year old girl with complicated postoperative heart disease. She will require a second operation, ideally in the next year or two. It will be important that she has this second operation in a cardiac center with a high level of experience and expertise. Kathy has been living at Phillips Hayden Foundation in the past three years and she is doing very well.
3. Holly is a lovely ten year old girl with Ophthalmic disease: bilateral corneal opacity and persistent pupillary membrane; left corneal leukoma and small cornea; left luscitas and right ametropia (wears glasses). She was admitted to the SWI at two months old. She lives with a foster family. Her physical and mental development is at the same level as her peers. She loves her foster parents, initiates greetings to others and is very sensible. She helps her foster mother with chores and minds her foster parents. She helps them with the care of little brothers and sisters. She can effectively express her needs and thoughts and can think independently and has good comprehension. She is very curious and likes to observe her environment. Holly has out-going personalities. She is bright and friendly and loves to play with others. She pays attention to her study and is a good student.
4. Mia is a beautiful four year old girl who was diagnosed with autism. When she was one year and half, she was placed for adoption but the adoption relationship was dissolved because the adoptive family was concerned that Mia responded poorly to their affection. When she was two years old, her self-contained personalities didn’t improve much because she did not like to talk, or play with others. She liked to hide in a corner playing with her hands, paying no attention to other children or toys, and didn’t like to be approached by her caregivers. She showed no response when the caregivers tried to play with her. Because of this, she was diagnosed with autism. When she was three years old, Mia was placed into a children’s service center. Her condition of autism was improved greatly. When the caregivers played with her, she would smile and she liked to follow the caregivers. She didn’t like noisy environment. She liked the hugs and touches from the caregivers and liked to play on the rocking horse and felt happy. Her fine motor skill was good, being able to pick up the pen, toys and tear the paper. Her gross motor skill was good as well , being able to pick up the stool and picking up the basin with both hands. Her physical development is good and she has not had serious illness.
5. Scott is a beautiful two and half year old boy whose special need is hypospadias (scrotal type). He was admitted into the SWI at four months old. He was placed into the Grandmother’s Program at the SWI three months after entering the SWI and has received excellent care from his caregivers. Scott is a lovely, bright and active boy with a ready smile. He loves music and toys and he is very attached to his caregivers.
6. Emily is a shy five year old girl with cleft lip (repaired), cleft palate and delayed development. She was admitted to the SWI at two weeks old. Because she had III degree cleft lip and palate, her physical and mental development has been slower than her peers. Emily is a quiet child who doesn’t like strangers. She likes to listen to music and likes the hugs from people she knows.
7. Karen is a lovely six year old girl with mild cerebral palsy. She has lived in a foster family in the past four years and is very much loved by her foster family. She cannot walk normally and both her lower limbs look bended, but her legs have their own expanding power. She can walk by the supporting power of her own body. She has normal intellectual development and speaks clearly and has great expressive abilities. She is active and outgoing. She loves singing and listening to music and she likes asking questions. She can also recite some Tang Dynasty poems and can count from 1 to 100.
8. Maya is a lovely eleven-year-old girl who is deaf and mute. She was admitted to the SWI at five years of age and has been a student at the school for children who are deaf and mute. Maya loves stuff animals. She is introverted and quiet. She gets along well with other children. She is very passive and doesn’t like to initiates any activities or interactions. The basic way of communication for her is by nodding or shaking her head. She likes music and dancing.
9. Lily is a lovely four year old girl with palsy of both lower limbs. She was admitted to the SWI as a new born. Because of her special needs, her physical activities are limited. She has normal development of her upper body. Lily is a quiet and introverted girl who loves to draw.
10. Kate is a four year old girl with atelencephalia. She is introverted and doesn’t interact with others very much. She smiles when the caregivers play with her and she understands the caregivers’ instructions.
11. Sean is a lovely three and half year old boy with metabolic cerebral palsy. He lives with a foster family and gets along well with other children in the foster home. He is an active boy who has a ready smile and loves to play games and with toys.
12. Yale is a happy eleven year old boy who is deaf and mute and hepatitis B positive. He was admitted into the SWI at age six. Yale is outgoing and honest. He is respectful of his teachers and gets along well with his classmates. He studies very hard and always actively raises up his hand to participate in classes. He has good grades. He is humorous and expressive and brings joy to his environment. He also loves sports, including swimming and playing soft ball. He won first place in soft ball and third place in long distance jumping in the school sports competition. He also loves to play with toy cars.
13. James is a ten year old boy whose health status is normal. He was admitted into the SWI at age of five. James is doing well in all aspects of development. He is very helpful and likes to share toys that he likes with little children. He helps putting clothes and shoes on for small children. He is very responsible, always does his homework conscientiously and he has very good grades in school. He takes care of himself, including washing himself and doing his own laundry. He also helps little children with their chores. James has received much love from the caregivers and teachers from the SWI and the school. He is very open with his communication with his caregivers who care, love and provide guidance for him. James has outgoing personalities and is very happy and lively. He loves to sing and dance and is well loved by his caregivers and friends. Despite the love he receives from his caregivers at the SWI, James longs for a family of his own.
14. Perry is a lovely two year old boy with developmental delay; left equinovarus; left indirect hernia; lumbar mass (lipoma) and left acromegaly. Perry was admitted into the SWI at three months old. He has received much love from the caregivers and he is a happy and bright child.
15. Lian – has found her family! is a beautiful two year old girl with meningocele. She was admitted into the SWI as a new-born baby. She has a ready smile and loves to be held by her caregivers. She has been sponsored to have surgery done in the near future.
Interested families can contact me at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
We have created password protected albums for the children on BAAS agency list. The album for BAAS individual list is for all interested families to view and families can email me for password. Visit the FOTKI site at: http://public.fotki.com/cxqng/
China Adoption Program Coordinator
Bay Area Adoption Services