Incredibly inspiring video of a college-aged girl, Scout Bassett, adopted from China when she was 9. She was abandoned as a toddler with severe burns (and eventually lost her leg), but now runs, bikes and swims competitively, all with an amazing courage and determination.
Lucy came home from China a few months ago with a special need of cleft lip and palate. Her mom, Lisa, shares about their recent visit with the Cleft Team, as well as Lucy’s love for sweets and her distaste for good ol’ healthy food.
Lori, mother to Rachel who came home from China with a very serious heart defect, shares about Rachel’s recent (and successful!) open heart surgery.
And lastly, if you’re like all of us around here, you’ll want to take a few moments (or hours!) and travel vicariously with these folks currently in China to bring home their kiddos:
- Waiting for Sprout… and now Xiao Mei – as they travel to bring home new daughter Violet
- Adopting in Oklahoma – as they travel to bring home a little boy, Joseph, a little girl, Jewel
- Zoey Fei-Li – as they bring home their daughter, Zoey
- A Place For You – as they bring home their son, Nolan, and daughter, Gracelyn
- God is Up to Something – as they bring home their two new daughters
- And follow From the Pages of our Hearts – they are just beginning their journey to bring home a daughter, Bethany Joy, and a son, Jacob
If you have posted something, or read something, you’d like to share here on No Hands But Ours, please let us know. Email us at email@example.com.