Find My Family: Oscar

April 9, 2014 Family Found 1 Comments

Nine year old Oscar is a beautiful boy and a special one too! He has beta thalassemia major and has jumped from one agency list to another. He has great personality and makes great eye contact. He does repeat everything that is said in English like a little parrot. He is just a little sponge and is inquisitive and wants to learn English. He lives with a foster family and with a foster brother who he is so sweet to. When an agency rep visited, they could not get the foster brother to open up so Oscar came over and sat down with him to help.

Oscar 3

Here are VIDEOS of him. Note that his name tag says Kieran- he got the wrong one!
Video one, two, three, and four (this one is a bit older).
Password: Adoptmaa

April 2014 099

From his last update: Oscar is small for his age, but has no trouble keeping up with other kids. He is active and outgoing, and attends school where he gets average grades. He likes to sing and his speech is clear and articulate. He lives with a foster family, gets along well with other children, and has a healthy appetite. He demonstrated his ability to count all the way to 100, to write his name and to draw pictures of rabbits, which he called his friends. He has a charming and infectious smile.

Oscar update


Great resources for his special need are:
Choosing Thalassemia
Rainbow Kids
It’s a merciful life (beautiful post by a mama to two girls with thalassemia major)


For more information on beginning the adoption process contact The Advocacy Team.

One response to “Find My Family: Oscar”

  1. So…we would be very interested in adopting Oscar. I see the same pic with the name Joshua under the thalassemia focus story. How could I find out if he has a family? Is he on the shared list? His Chinese name? Thanks all!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

© 2017 No Hands But Ours

The content found on the No Hands But Ours website is not approved, endorsed, curated or edited by medical professionals. Consult a doctor with expertise in the special needs of interest to you.