Find My Forever: Alice

October 10, 2018 Children Who Wait 0 Comments

Alice is an adorable little girl, born in January of 2015. This sweet girl has been through a lot in her short life, having lost both of her eyes to retinoblastoma. She has been in remission since her operation and now has prosthetic eyes.

Alice has such a bubbly personality and is very attached to her caregivers. She has been attending pre-school through Bethel during the days and in foster care through another wonderful organization at night.

Alice can repeat words that she hears often and speak spontaneously when she feels like it. Alice loves to sing and can often be found humming when she’s off doing her own thing. She also knows how to sign important words, such as “eat”.

Alice has very good orientation skills and can navigate her classroom well. She’s a little afraid of walking around unfamiliar areas on her own, but her teachers have been encouraging her to become more independent.

Alice has the biggest smile on her face when playing outside with her caregivers and when she sings. We can’t wait to find out who Alice’s forever family will be!

There is a $500 agency grant for Alice’s adoption with Madison Adoption Associates. Other grants may be available based on the adoptive family’s circumstances. Agency grants are awarded as agency fee reductions. MAA also partners with the Brittany’s Hope Foundation for matching grants, which are given out twice a year January and July) and to families that are officially matched with a child.

Alice needs a family with an approved home study to be able to move forward with adopting her. If you have an approved home study or a home study in process and are interested in adopting Alice, please fill out a free PAP Waiting Child Review Form, which can be found here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

© 2019 No Hands But Ours

The content found on the No Hands But Ours website is not approved, endorsed, curated or edited by medical professionals. Consult a doctor with expertise in the special needs of interest to you.